National law enforcement organizations in
Washington, DC, Aug.27, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – As crime escalates and tensions persist, America’s largest and most powerful law enforcement groups are calling for the help with a national weekend focused on dialogue, collaboration, solutions and reconciliation.
Press conference with national law enforcement organizations announcing Faith & Blue National Weekend 2021 (Faith & Blue). Participants and other law enforcement officials will be available for interviews immediately following the event.
Tuesday, August 31, 2021, 11 a.m. ET – 12 p.m. ET
Doors open for media arrival and photographer installation / multi-box plug-in at 9.15am. Crews must plan to arrive no later than 10:00 am.
Space is limited. RSVP to [email protected]
National Law Enforcement Museum, 444 E Street NW, Washington, DC 20001
- Fraternal Order of Police – Patrick Yoes, National President
- Association of Spanish American Police Command Officers – Chief Don Tijerina, Past President
- International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators – Chief Pat Ogden, National President
- International Association of Chiefs of Police – Chief Steve Casstevens, Past President
- Association of Heads of Large Cities – Baltimore County Chief Melissa Hyatt, HR Committee Chair
- Sheriffs of the main counties of America – Sheriff Peter Koutoujian, President
- National Association of Women Law Enforcement Executives – Ms. Kym Craven, Executive Director
- National Association of Black Police – Lieutenant Willie Williams, National President
- National Association of District Attorneys – The deputy. Billy West, National President
- National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Officials – Lynda Williams, Past President
- Federal Association of Law Enforcement Officers – Matt Silverman, National Executive Vice President
- National Sheriffs Association – Jonathan Thompson, Managing Director and CEO
- MovementForward, Inc. – Reverend Markel Hutchins, Principal Organizer and CEO, National Faith & Blue Weekend, an initiative of MovementForward, Inc.
- FirstNet, built with AT&T – Former Atlanta Police Chief George Turner, Consultant
- Motorola Solutions Foundation – Jack Molloy, Board Member, Motorola Solutions Foundation and Executive Vice President of Products, Sales and Services, Motorola Solutions
The mission of the National Faith & Blue Weekend (Faith & Blue), October 8-11, 2021, is to work for safer, stronger, more just and unified communities by directly facilitating collaborations between law enforcement officers. order and residents through the connections of houses of worship.
Faith & Blue aims to recalibrate police-community relations in the United States through solution-oriented activities co-hosted by faith-based organizations and law enforcement professionals that can be conducted in person, socially and / or or virtually. These events include forums and town halls, marches / marches for peace and unity, picnics, sporting events, vigils and other activities that foster an environment of problem solving, resolution and reconciliation.
The organizers of the National Faith & Blue Weekend represent every major national law enforcement group and every religious tradition in the United States of America. This unprecedented effort is co-hosted by the OneCOP initiative of MovementForward, Inc. and the Office of Community Policing Services (COPS) of the United States Department of Justice. The effort is the most consolidated police-community engagement project in history. Faith & Blue is sponsored by FirstNet, Built with AT&T and the Motorola Solutions Foundation.
For more information, visit National Faith & Blue Weekend at www.faithandblue.org or connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. #FaithandBlue