A man drove through the village of Olde Mistick and had a drunk driving
Happy Tuesday, residents of Stonington-Mystic! Today a man who walked through the Olde Mistick Village complex gets a DUI and the Mystic Whaler heads to California.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Windy with lots of sun. High: 62 Low: 53.
Here are the best stories in Stonington-Mystic today:
- A man from Groton charged with drunk driving after driving through the interior of the village of Olde Mistick (The western sun)
- Mystic Whaler is sold, will travel to California (theday.com)
- DiCesare and Town of Stonington agree to $ 20,000 settlement in unfair dismissal lawsuit (The western sun)
Today’s Stonington-Mystic Daily is brought to you by our friends at Ring, the home security company. Ring does more than just doorbells: discover their full line of smart home products at Ring.com. And thank you ring for helping bring local news to Stonington-Mystic!
Today in Stonington-Mystic:
- Planning and Zoning Comm. Meeting – Town of Stonington (7:00 p.m.)
- African dance class with Ashley Jones (7:30 p.m.)
Stonington-Mystic Patch Notepad
- Denison Pequotsepos Natural Center: âAlthough they look interesting, Saddleback caterpillars are best appreciated with the eyes. Their distinct bright green and brown coloring is a warning for their powerful sting, which has a reputation for being much worse than a bee sting … “(Facebook)
- Mystical Seaport Museum: âBoost your spiritsð» by joining us Halloween week (October 26-30) for an evening of outdoor fun at our Jack-O-Lantern Walk! Not only is there a spooky guided tour, but there will be hundreds of illuminated jack -o-lanterns displayed along the … “(Facebook)
- Denison Pequotsepos Natural Center: “We are grateful to the 40 US Coast Guard Academy cadets who volunteered their time in our Giving Garden at Coogan Farm this weekend! #Getnaturecentered #mysticct” (Facebook)
- Old Mystic Fire Department (Official): “Our Halloween parade route is finally here !! We can’t wait to see everyone!” (Facebook)
- Mystical aquarium: This Halloween traveling exhibit, treat or treat to display at Mystic Aquarium! Halloween decoration will cover campus throughout October, but it’s only the 30th and 31st that the goodies are included. Nibble on candy while searching for … “(Facebook)
- North Stonington Volunteer Fire Company: âYesterday, the members attended our annual Sunday Fire Department at the North Stonington Bible Chapel. “(Facebook)
- Stonington Historical Society: “Eugene Phelps Edwards with dog and cat, circa 1890. Photograph taken at Stone Acres. Gift of Edith Paffard Simmons. #Stoneacres #localhistory #pets #stoningtonct #photography #oldphotos #vintage #dog #kitten #farm #history” (Facebook)
- Mystic River Historical Society: People in costume by a horse and chariot decorated as a chariot at the Connecticut Tricentennial Parade in Mystic. Signs on the chariot read ANNA D and George W. Wilcox, Netting, Fishermans Supplies. The boat is called ANNA. WILCOX. A stamp on the back is … “(Facebook)
- Reception and tourist information center of the Chamber of Commerce of the Great Mystic: “It’s so good to see you at Mystic!” There’s so much going on this month at Mystic! Check out our “Calendar of Events” to plan your week ahead. new short films, … “(Facebook)
- Mystique and Noank Library: âWonderful mini apple pies made by the participants of our recent Food Explorers course! We love to see your creativity. Join us in making calzones this Friday! Register here: https://www.eventkeeper.com/code/ekform.cfm?curOrg= MYSTICNOANK & curID = 534 … “(Facebook)
- Stonington Human Services: âOur Halloween costume giveaway starts TODAY Stop by Monday through Friday (9 am-12pm / 1 pm-3:30pm). For more information, send direct message or call (860) 535-5015. (Facebook)
- Stonington Free Library: âJoin us for a fun Halloween story time! “(Facebook)
- Mystique and Noank Library: âThank you to everyone who joined us for our Bioinvasions of the Mystic River tour at the Mystic Seaport Museum with Dr. James T. Carlton! Check out our calendar of events on our website for other upcoming fall programs for the two children … “(Facebook)
- Stonington Free Library: âStarting Wednesday October 13th, our Libby / Overdrive collection will ask you to enter your PIN code. Even if you are already logged into Libby / Overdrive, you will need to log back in with your PIN code after October 13. If you do not do not remember … “(Facebook)
- Stonington Free Library: âOn Monday morning we will post a new story time on our YouTube channel for your child to enjoy and participate with books, short songs and finger games. Enjoy! Https://www.youtube .com / channel / UCg0ehX1DW-srCl9eFdluplw / playlists “(Facebook)
- Stonington Free Library: âNeed a book to read? Want to socialize a bit? Discover our reading group on Thursday afternoon in November! (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Please follow and stay informed. See you tomorrow morning for another update! If you like these newsletters, consider bringing in more friends and neighbors. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Anna bybee schier
About me: Anna is a reporter who has spent the past decade reporting and editing local news for communities in Minnesota, Illinois and Connecticut. To contact Anna, send an email to [email protected]
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Stonington-Mystic Daily? I’m all ears. You can contact me at [email protected]